Where Wall Street Meets Hanna Avenue

Welcome to the School of Business

The School of Business Martin Family Finance Lab, launched  in September 2018, connects the vision of faculty and the generosity of donors. Stephen Fry ‘87 (business, information systems), senior vice president of human resources and diversity for Eli Lilly and Company, and Tom Martin, president of Bloomington Ford, both of whom are on the University’s Board of Trustees (Fry as current board chair, and Martin as a past chair), seeded a $100,000 project that students are now managing with Bloomberg-certified terminals.

This technology is the gold standard in financial markets – the same equipment used by the world’s most influential decision makers. That means students graduate having already mastered the tools of the trade while managing assets with complete fiduciary responsibility.

Emi Ohiomah ’18

Emi Ohiomah ’18

Emi Ohiomah ’18 (finance, economics), who is pursuing her MBA with a focus on applied data analytics – the first program of its kind in the state – describes the Finance Lab’s value to students: “Exposure to situations and challenges I’ll face every day after I graduate, while I’m still in school, will be the defining moments of my future success. The Finance Lab will provide those opportunities. The chance to use the new technology and feel the energy of Wall Street is amazing. Best of all, I can do that right here on campus in the School of Business. It gives me the confidence to know that I’ll be ready for the workforce when I graduate.”