Preparation to Succeed

The University of Indianapolis has a proud tradition of preparing students to pursue medical, dental and other professional degrees in health fields.

The Ron & Laura Strain Honors College provides students with the opportunity to delve into academic research that prepares them for a variety of careers. Casey Wendorff ’18 and Lauren Bryant ’18 will pursue medical degrees at the Indiana University School of Medicine in fall 2018. Both students participated in Honors College. Bryant plans to focus on child and adolescent psychiatry, and Wendorff will concentrate on sports medicine, specializing in the knee, foot and ankle.

Aura Ankita Mishra ’12 (psychology) was an Honors College student whose induction into the National Alpha Chi Honors Society made her eligible for a $6,000 fellowship at Purdue University, where she is pursuing a doctorate in human development and family studies.

caseywendorff-cmyk“My undergrad work provided me with the critical foundation of the principles, techniques and trends that I will learn and apply in medical school.”

–Casey Wendorff ’18 (biology major, chemistry minor, pre-med concentration)

laurenbryant-cmyk“Dr. Kevin Gribbins [assistant professor of biology] talked to me about how I can market my research experience wherever I choose to go. I was also given a lot of opportunities to showcase my skills at UIndy.”

–Lauren Bryant ’18 (biology and psychology)

aura-ankita-mishra“What really helped me prepare for graduate school was the Honors College independent project, where I gained firsthand experience in working with actual data, running analytic models, and interpreting results.”

–Aura Ankita Mishra ’12 (psychology)